Shopware Newsletter Plugin
Benefits & Module Description
The CleverReach interface for Shopware makes sending your emails to your customers even easier, as the CleverReach Shopware newsletter plugin directly connects our email marketing tool with your Shopware online shop. When that’s done, all important data are continuously added and updated bi-directionally – this means, your data are synchronized in both directions. Subscriptions and unsubscribes from your newsletter are transferred from CleverReach to Shopware, and activities like purchases or abandoned carts in Shopware are transferred to CleverReach.
Transferring Customer Data for Targeted Email Marketing
During the CleverReach installation process (more on that later) details from your shop are transferred to a recipient list including data fields, segments and tags. New customers get a whole new recipient list, existing customers can choose if they want to transfer their shop data to an existing list or create a new one (only in Shopware 5, in Shopware 6 a new list is created). Use your customer data and tags to send personalized emails with relevant offers. Benefit from more opens, more clicks and more conversions – completely automated thanks to email automation!
Please note: All data must have been collected in accordance with the GDPR!
The following Shopware data will be synchronized
- Newsletter subscriptions and unsubscribes (with their newsletter status “yes” or “no”)
- Data fields: at least 2 data fields are created by default – email address and shop name
- Additionally, you can add individual data fields, e.g.:
- Recipient details such as first and last name, street address, ZIP code, country, phone, business
- Details on orders: language, last order date, last order name, number of orders
- Purchase details: products, product name and item number: last order ID, currecny, revenue: total expenses
- Product details of your Shopware items like image, text, size, price, materials…
- “Special Tags” are transferred from Shopware to CleverReach. However, it is possible to transfer even more information about purchase data as a tag to the respective recipient record, for example attributes such as color, brand, etc.. These tags can then be filtered via a segment – for personalized newsletter offers.
For more instructions on our Special Tags please take a look at our help center post “Special Tags and Tag-Based Email Creation Process in Our Integrations“.
- Newsletter subscriptions and unsubscribes
- First name, last name, preferences, gender, age, date of birth, address details…
- purchased products, revenue, order ID, product ID, price, number of orders & total expenses of all orders
- guest buyers automatically get a “guest” tag attached, your registered customers get a “registered” tag
- Product details of your Shopware items like image, text, price, size, materials..
- product tags from Shopware like product category, brand, color etc. are transferred to CleverReach
- “Last order date” is automatically added to each and every recipient data set (and can be used for email marketing automation)
Use recipient data for your email marketing: e.g. create special offers for your best customers. To filter your loyal customers, you could use the data field “Number of orders” or “Total Expenses of all Orders” for a targeted approach and contact customers who have placed more than 50 orders or spent more than 1,000 euros in your shop.
The data field “Last Order Date” can be used for email automation workflows to re-engage customers.
More Features of the Shopware-CleverReach Module
- Signup Forms: A newsletter signup form is automatically created in your CleverReach account. Quickly and easily integrate it in your shop.
- Tag-Based Email Creation Process: Tags and Special tags simplify segmentation a lot: not only are they created automatically, you can also directly select them in your email creation process.
- Abandoned Cart: The CleverReach newsletter plugin for Shopware allows you to send automated reminders to your customers when they leave an abandoned cart behind. There now is a feature, which only needs to be activated. Find detailed instructions on our abandoned cart feature on our feature page “Abandoned Cart Email Automation” and in our help center posts “Shopware 5 Plugin – Automatically Contact Abandoned Cart Customers via Newsletter” and “Shopware 6 App – Sending Automated Abandoned Cart Emails“.
The Plugin Dashboard holds some changes in design! Among other things, it shows your current CleverReach price plan now. The synchronization status keeps you up to date about the progress of your data transfer. The new Disconnect button allows you to delete the current connection to connects with a different CleverReach account.
* For some features, it is required to use the Shopware plugin version v3 – update now!
- Easily create and send email newsletters with the Drag & Drop Editor
- Integrate current website content in your newsletter with a single click
- Unlimited variety of templates: Use our free newsletter templates or transfer your own template from whatever system with our Template Converter directly to CleverReach
- Analyze success and optimize your newsletters
- GDPR-compliant, highest security standards, Email Marketing made in Germany
- free support & online seminars
- The right pricing for everyone: customized, changeable at any time, no contract term – scales for small and big contact lists: Flex or occasional senders, Essential for regular senders or Enterprise for big players
Download: Connect CleverReach and Shopware
The CleverReach Newsletter app is available for free in the Shopware Store. We explain the connection of CleverReach to Shopware using Shopware 5 as an example. The connection of the CleverReach integration to Shopware 6 works similar in principle, but the screen view is different.
How to integrate the CleverReach Newsletter App in your Shopware application:
- To install the free CleverReach Newsletter app, navigate to the Shopware Store.
- You get to the marketplace by either clicking on the link
- Or directly going to the Shopware marketplace. Navigate to “Settings – Plugin Manager“ . Use the search bar and type in “CleverReach” to find the plugin.
- To download the CleverReach plugin, please click on “Download Now”.
- After having added (downloaded) the plugin, you can find it in the section of your installed apps in Shopware: “Settings – Plugin Manager – Installed“.
- Click on “+“to add the plugin. In some cases, Shopware is asking whether you want to delete the cache. In this case, click “Yes”.
- A new screen pops up: Log into your CleverReach account or create a new account (you’ll receive the access data via email). After that the connection between your Shopware and your CleverReach® account is established. There are 3 steps to go through: creating a recipient list, importing your recipients and creating data fields.
- Step 1: Creating a recipient list:
- Existing customers can decide whether they want to create a new recipient list or use an existing one from their CleverReach account. The plugin automatically creates a new recipient list with their shop name for new customers.
- Step 2: Importing recipients
- Now select the customers you want to transfer to CleverReach:
- Subscribers: All people who subscribed to your newsletter.
- Buyers: All people who purchased something from your shop, including guest buyers.
- (Other) Contacts: All people who didn’t buy from your shop or subscribed to your newsletter. Basically, that’s all other people from your database. Make your choice (you can also choose all) and hit “Import recipients“. Please note: If you’re unsure about the data you’re allowed to transfer and use for your email marketing in accordance with the GDPR, please contact your legal counsel. The datasets are added to your selected CleverReach recipient list as active recipients. They get so-called “Special-tags” attached. During the initial import you can also decide whether you want to transfer the purchase data of your customers as well. These data are transferred in any case:
- Order ID, product ID, item name, order date, price, currency, quantity, product source/ shop order
- last order date, number of orders, total expense of all orders
- product category, product attribute, manufacturer.
The purchase data are assigned to the CleverReach data fields automatically; You can change the initial synchronization later in the plugin under “Settings”.
- Now select the customers you want to transfer to CleverReach:
- Step 3: Create and assign data fields
- Your recipients‘ details are transferred to data fields. For each recipient there are two data fields created by default: their email address and shop name. You can create a total of 45 data fields per recipient. During the first synchronization you get several data field suggestions. But you can decide individually which contents and data from Shopware are transferred to the data fields in your CleverReach account. For more details on data fields browse our help center post „Data fields, Segments and Tags in our Latest Plugin Versions“. You have selected everything you want to transfer from your shop to data fields in your CleverReach account? Now click on „Start import“. The initial synchronization is started: When transferring the recipient data, a “mirroring” process take place in Shopware and all your customer data is transferred to the “Shopware” recipient list you have selected or to a new one at CleverReach.
- As soon as the initial setup is completed you can get started with your email marketing for your Shopware shop: You can find detailed instructions on the features of your Shopware 5 plugin in our help center post “Shopware 5 Plugin – Features and Installation“-
If you’re using Shopware 6 please take a look at our help center post “Shopware 6 App – Features & Installation“.
Shopware is the shop software for inspiring online shops. Shopware is a modular online shop system and is one of the leading shop systems in Germany. The software has more than 60,000 downloads and 1,200 partners all over Europe. There are different Shopware versions, based on individual requirements:
- the free open source version with basic features for small businesses as well as three extensive commercial versions with more integrated features:
- Professional for eCommerce beginners
- Professional Plus for entrepreneurs
- and the Enterprise-Edition for demanding projects.
Starting with the “professional” version, Shopware’s “Storytelling” feature offers inspiring and emotionally designable shopping worlds in Full Responsive Design. This enables the user to stand out from the competition and to send their customers on a discovery trip through their store. The Shopware Community contributes to the further development of the open source software and provides more and more plugins to the already 2,000 extensions in the Shopware Community Store. For the users this means that the application can be extended and individualized in a modular system with additional plugins.