Newsletter Marketing for your Shopware Shop
Newsletter Marketing for your Shopware shop
Directly connect your Shopware customer data with our newsletter tool with our CleverReach® Email Marketing Plugin for your online shop. Use the connection for your email marketing and send individual email newsletters with personalized offers:
Note for existing customers: In October 2020, we have released a new version of the plugin with the features mentioned above. If you already are a CleverReach® user using the Shopware integration, you can easily migrate to the new version v3 without having to register again.
Check out our post “Shopware 5 Plugin – Installation and Features“ in the CleverReach® Help Center
Gallery: Get Connected!
Video: Shopware & CleverReach® – Awesome conversions!
Benefits & Module Description
The CleverReach® interface for Shopware makes sending your emails to your customers even easier, as the CleverReach® Shopware newsletter plugin directly connects our email marketing tool with your Shopware online shop. When that’s done, all important data are continuously added and updated bi-directionally – this means, your data are synchronized in both directions. Subscriptions and unsubscribes from your newsletter are transferred from CleverReach® to Shopware, and activities like purchases or abandoned carts in Shopware are transferred to CleverReach®.
The following Shopware data will be synchronized:
- Newsletter subscriptions and unsubscribes
- First and last name, interests, gender, age, birthday, address details …
- purchased items, revenue, frequency of purchases, average shopping cart, order number, item number, product name, price, currency, quantity, amount
- product details of your Shopware products like image, text, price, size, material …
- Product tags from Shopware such as product category, brand, color etc. are transferred to the recipient data set in CleverReach®
- “Last order date” is automatically stored in the recipient’s data record (and can be used for email marketing automation)
- Guest buyers automatically receive the tag “guest“, your registered customers are tagged as “registered“
When importing data for the first time, you decide for yourself who you want to transfer: newsletter subscribers only, buyers or other contacts. The data sets are added as active recipients to the Shopware list in CleverReach®. Find a detailed guide in our help center post „Special-Tags and tag based email creation process in our integrations“. The initial synchronization settings can also be changed in the plugin later on.
Use valuable data and tags, to send personalized emails to your customers, containing offers they really want. You benefit from more opens, clicks and conversions – completely automated, thanks to email automation!
How to use recipient data, you get via the new data fields: Use the data field „Number of Orders“ to filter, how many orders a customer has placed; the field „Total expenses of orders“ shows the total revenue each customer has generated. This allows you to contact customers who, e.g. have placed more than 50 orders or spent more than 1,000 euros in your online shop.
Benefit from tags: Enter product categories, attributes and manufacturers as tags. For example: A customer has purchased black adidas sneakers in your Shopware online store. Their data set is updated with the following tags: Shopify-Category.Shoes // Shopware-Color.Black // Shopware-Manufacturer.Adidas. Use these tags for targeted segmentation and as a trigger for automation workflows. This way, your customers get emails based on their previous purchases, without you having any additional manual effort.
This is your key to more revenue: Your customers buy more stuff more frequently – be prepared for boosting sales!
The Plugin Dashboard holds some changes in design! Among other things, it shows your current CleverReach® price plan now. The synchronization status keeps you up to date about the progress of your data transfer. The new Disconnect button allows you to delete the current connection to connects with a different CleverReach account.
* For some features, it is required to use the Shopware plugin version v3 – update now!
- Easily create and send email newsletters with the drag & drop editor
- Responsive and free templates for various industries and occasions
- Analyze success and optimize your newsletters
- Highest safety standards, Email Marketing made in Germany
- Free support & webinars
- The right pricing for everyone: customized, changeable at any time, no contract term – Scales for small and big contact lists: prepaid for occasional senders, flat rate for regular senders or high volume for big players
Lots of additonal features:Blacklist Check, create newsletters, newsletter editor, newsletter templates for every occasion, email templates, A/B split tests, spam tests, image processing, RSS feeds, dynamic content, import functions, segment lists of recipients, Double-Opt-In registration forms, automatic bounce management, automatic unsubscribe management, send newsletters, personalized newsletter delivery, Social Media Integration, Reporting & Tracking, open rates, click rates, unsubscribe rates, unsubscribes, multi-level bounce management, Google Analytics Integration, Conversion Tracking, automated mailings, Lifecycle Email Marketing, THEA – The Email Marketing Automation, Autoresponder, Follow-Ups, Whitelisting, CSA, Certified Senders Alliance, Design tests, Newsletter Client Testing SPF, Senders Policy Framework, Email Authentication, SSL encoding, WordPress Plugin, direct mailing, Import of CSV files, responsive templates, free software, Typo3 newsletters, import Excel files, forms, direct marketing and much more!
If you have any questions contact our support team that will gladly help you with any of your problems.
Appreciated customers buy more stuff
- are reminded to buy a new pen before school starts
- are happy to receive make up tips for their skin type and other product recommendations
- buy the long awaited sitting room suite as part of your summer sales
- are reminded on time to order new supplementary food for their four-legged darling
In a perfect world with CleverReach® and Shopware, your customers can’t wait to get your next newsletter because they get exactly the offers they want. When the shopping experience turns into a spending spree you know you got everything right. Your customer is happy, you are happy and we are happy!
That’s what we call a win – win – win situation!
Download: Connect CleverReach® and Shopware
The CleverReach® Newsletter Plugin is available for free in the Shopware Store.
We explain the connection of CleverReach® to Shopware using Shopware 5 as an example.
The connection of the CleverReach® integration to Shopware 6 works similar in principle, but the screen view is different.
How to integrate the CleverReach® Newsletter Plugin in your Shopware application:
- To install the free CleverReach® Newsletter Plugin, navigate to the Shopware Store.
- You get to the marketplace by either clicking on the link
- Or directly going to the Shopware marketplace. Navigate to “Settings – Plugin Manager“ . Use the search bar and type in “CleverReach®” to find the plugin.
- To download the CleverReach® plugin, please click on “Download Now”.
- Alternatively, you can import the zip file of our plugin in Shopware. If you want to go for this option, please contact our service team. They will send you the zip file.
- After having added (downloaded or imported) the plugin, you can find it in the section of your installed apps in Shopware: “Settings – Plugin Manager – Installed“.
- Click on “+“to add the plugin. In some cases, Shopware is asking whether you want to delete the cache. In this case, click “Yes”.
- A new screen pops up:
- Create a new CleverReach® account or log into your existing one.
- After that, you can select the recipients you want to transfer to CleverReach®:
- Newsletter Subscribers
- Make your choice and click on “Import Recipients“.
This initiates the first synchronization:
The synchronization process takes place automatically in the background:
- A new recipient list called “Shopware“ is created in CleverReach®.
- When transmitting your recipient data, all your customer data are transferred to the “Shopware“ recipient list in CleverReach®. The recipient list does not only contain email addresses but also lots of additional data fields. These data fields, as well as segments and tags are created automatically.
Please note: Only one Shopware list will be created. If you already have a recipient list called „Shopware“ in CleverReach®, data are added and duplicate addresses are checked.
Each new recipient is tagged automatically. Every Shopware customer gets the following tag attached by default:
This tag only signals that the recipient is currently part of the default Shopware list.
In our example, the recipient called „test869“ gets some additional tags like
The tag is made up of the following components:
- Shopware-Shop = Name of the used shop system
- CleverReach_demo_shop = “Demo-Shop“ is the sample name for the sub-shop the recipient is added to.
Tagging helps you filter by different customer groups or sub-shops (if you have several shops).
Assign characteristics, categories and notes to recipients, which you can later use to segment your newsletters. You can delete tags or add them individually, for example add „shoes“ or „t-shirt“ if you know, your recipient is interested in it. When adding tags manually, you will see a list of already existing tags to make it easier for you.
As soon as a recipient clicks on a link, they automatically get the defined tag attached to their data set. This makes segmentation for personalized emails with tagging incredibly easy!
Please note, in case you have another CleverReach® account and also want to add tags to your recipient data there: the tags are currently only available via our latest plugins (including Shopware).
You can also use “Segments“ to divide your recipient list into several sub customer lists and sub-shops.
- Groups = Customer group from your Shopware shop (in this example, there are three of them: B2B / Resellers, Default (all) and group)
- Newsletter = Newsletter Group – Recipients from your Shopware Shop who want to receive your newsletter
- Shop or sub-shop – Contains all recipients from your shop an/or your sub-shops (if you manage several shops)
Segments are also created automatically when connecting the plugin. Filter your recipients e.g. by “tag”. In the example “Tags -> contains -> Shopware-Group.Default” all recipients are filtered who share the tag “Shopware-Group.Default”.
When the initial setup is completed, you can start with your email marketing for your Shopware shop:
Shopware is the shop software for inspiring online shops. Shopware is a modular online shop system and is one of the leading shop systems in Germany. The software has more than 60,000 downloads and 1,200 partners all over Europe. There are different Shopware versions, based on individual requirements:
the free open source version with basic features for small businesses as well as three extensive commercial versions with more integrated features:
Professional for eCommerce beginners
Professional Plus for entrepreneurs
and the Enterprise-Edition for demanding projects.
Starting with the “professional” version, Shopware’s “Storytelling” feature offers inspiring and emotionally designable shopping worlds in Full Responsive Design. This enables the user to stand out from the competition and to send their customers on a discovery trip through their store. The Shopware Community contributes to the further development of the open source software and provides more and more plugins to the already 2,000 extensions in the Shopware Community Store. For the users this means that the application can be extended and individualized in a modular system with additional plugins.