CleverReach® – Email Marketing Integration for Magento 2
Connect your Magento online shop and our email marketing solution and send personalized email newsletters to your customers.
Personalize customer relations with our CleverReach® email marketing extension for your Magento online shop:
• Create professional newsletters for your customers with CleverReach® without any programming skills.
• Send GDPR-compliant emails with our feature-rich and secure email marketing tool.
• Take advantage of the extensive benefits of an integration solution and benefit from the bi-directional data exchange with your Magento online store.
• Create single-track or multi-level automation workflows for sales promotions, abandoned carts, or for re-engaging your customers.
• Tagging allows you to send offers tailored to your subscribers’ interests and preferences.
• Directly insert discount codes from your shop in your email newsletters.
• Completely risk-free – thanks to flexible pricing models without a contract term.
Exclusively for Magento customers:
Get 20% off your CleverReach® price plan for 3 months! The discount is automatically added to your cart when creating a new account.
Note for existing customers: In December 2020, a new plugin version was released with the above mentioned features. If you are already a CleverReach® user of the Magento integration, you will be easily migrated to the new version v3 without the need to register again. All Magento customers who are subscribed to the newsletter will be transferred as active recipients; however, buyers or other contacts will not be synchronized.
Note for Magento shops: The extension is compatible with Magento 2, it doesn’t work with other Magento versions.
Good to know for new customers: To simplify your start with CleverReach®, a first draft email is automatically created for you. This way, you can get started with your first Magento newsletter in CleverReach® right away!
In 7 Images: CleverReach® Plugin for Magento
Video: Magento and CleverReach® – The perfect email marketing extension for Magento!
Benefits & Plugin Description
You have a Magento online shop and want to send newsletters to your customers? The CleverReach® email marketing integration for Magento directly connects the CleverReach® email marketing tool with your Magento online shop. The integration automatically updates all your data continuously and bi-directionally. This means, there’s a real-time synchronization between both systems all the time. Changes of contact details or unsubscribes from your newsletter are transferred from CleverReach® to your Magento shop, activities in Magento are transferred to CleverReach®.
Initial Synchronization and Creation of Recipient List
During the installation process, a recipient list with several data fields, segments and tags is automatically created for you. Use helpful data and tags to send personalized emails. Your customers get offers they really want. Benefit from more opens, clicks and conversions – completely automated, thanks to email automation!
Before importing Magento data for the first time, you can actively decide who you want to transfer: newsletter subscribers only, buyers or other contacts, or even all of your contacts. The data sets are added to CleverReach® as active recipients in the “Magento” recipient list. They get so-called „Special tags“ attached to their data set:
• Subscriber: All people who have subscribed to your newsletter.
• Buyer: All people who have purchased something from your shop, including guest buyers.
• (Other) contacts: All people who have neither subscribed to your newsletter, nor purchased something from your shop, i.e. everybody else in your database.
Go to the Extension Settings to change settings you have made during the installation at any time.
Please note: You have to collect all data in compliance with the GDPR!
The following Magento shop data of your recipients are transferred:
• Newsletter subscriptions and unsubscribes (recipient get the newsletter status “yes“ or “no”)
• Data fields: details such as first and last name, street, ZIP code, city, state, country, business, shop etc. are created as data fields.
• The following order-/purchase details are also added to the recipient’s data set as data fields: last order date, number of orders, total expenses of all orders
• Purchase details: Products, revenue, order number, item number, product name, price, currency, number of orders, total expenses of all orders…
• Product details of your Magento products, such as image, text, price, size, material…
• Product Tags from Magento, such as product category, manufacturer/ brand, attributes like color etc. are transferred to the recipient’s data set in CleverReach®
Always keep your customer and product data up-to-date through real-time synchronization.
Find detailed instructions on tags in our help center post „Special Tags and Tag-Based Email Creation Process in Our Integrations “.
Need an Example on What to Do with Data Fields?
• The data field „ Number of Orders“ allows you to filter how many orders a customer has placed. Send targeted emails to customers how placed, e.g., more than 50 orders in your shop.
• Filter your customers by their generated revenue with the field „Total Expenses of Orders“. For example, send special offers to all those who have already spent more than 1,000 euro in your shop.
• Use the „Last Order Date“ for re-engaging buyers with email marketing automation.
This is your key to more revenue: Your customers will buy more stuff more frequently!
Other Valuable Features of the Magento-CleverReach®-Extension:
• Integrating Content in Your Newsletters
Use the product search and place your shop products in your email, including details such as images, description, price, size and material.
You can also add the description and dynamic content from your website to your email newsletters.
• Signup form
During the installation process, a newsletter signup form will automatically be created in your CleverReach® account for you, which you easily integrate in your shop.
• Tag-based email creation process
Special Tags make segmentation a lot easier: they are not only created automatically, you can also directly select them during the email creation process (e.g. the tag „newsletter subscriber“).
• Comprehensive Reporting
Benefit from our graphic Conversion Tracking (with our Link Extension Connect) for evaluating orders and revenues, generated through your email marketing campaigns. Also keep an overview over all your businesses – with the multi-shop solution.
• Reminders after abandoned carts
The CleverReach® Newsletter Plugin for Magento allows you to send an automated reminder to your customers after abandoning their shopping carts. There’s a new feature that you only have to activate with one click.
Find detailed instructions on our „Abandoned Cart“ Feature in our Help Center post „ Create Abandoned Cart Emails with THEA automation “.
The Conversion Tracking Reporting shows you exactly what your customers love. Use these valuable data to create personalized offers your customers really want. Benefit from more opens, clicks and conversions!
Features of CleverReach®
Since 2007, we design all the facets of email marketing with and for our customers. The result – a vast number of CleverReach® features:
- Four ways of creating email newsletters: Drag & Drop Editor, HTML editor or our source code editor for challenging adjustments, plus our brand-new editor (currently a BETA version)
- A/B Split Tests
- Dynamic content
- Automated email campaigns and complex multi-level workflows with our automation tool THEA
- Extensive and meaningful reporting and tracking
- Free responsive and seasonal templates
- Autoresponder and Follow-Up emails
- GDPR-compliant, highest security standards, Email Marketing made in Germany
- Free support & online seminars
Many other functions: newsletter set up, newsletter editor, occasion-related newsletter templates, A/B Split Tests, Spam Tests, image editing, photo editing, RSS Feeds, dynamic contents, importing functions, recipient lists segmenting, double opt-in registration forms, automatic bounce management, automatic cancellation management, blacklist check, newsletter sending, personalized newsletter sending, social media integration, reporting & tracking, opening rate, click rate, cancellation rate, cancellations, multiple level bounce management, Google Analytics integration, conversion tracking, fully automated mailings, Lifecycle-E-Mail-Marketing, THEA – email marketing automation, auto-responder, follow-ups, whitelisting, CSA, Certified Senders Alliance, design tests, Newsletter Client Testing, SPF, Senders Policy Framework, email authentication, SSL encryption, WordPress Plugin, direct mailing, importing of CSV files, responsive templates, free software, Typo3 Newsletter, Excel file importing, forms, direct marketing and many more!
If you have any questions, contact our support team who’ll be happy to assist you.
What your customers will love
- Are longing for volume three of their favorite book
- get inspired to install a new lighting concept in their apartment
- have been wanting to make an appointment for a trial run with their new car for so long
- are happy to be able to order their Christmas decorations directly and conveniently to their home
In a perfect world with CleverReach® and Magento, your customers can’t wait to get your next newsletter because they get exactly the offers they want. When the shopping experience turns into a spending spree you know you got everything right. Your customer is happy, you are happy and we are happy!
That’s what we call a win – win – win – situation!
Download: Connect Magento 2 and CleverReach®
The CleverReach® Extension for your Magento 2 online shop is free of charge, and available via the Magento Marketplace. You can set it up withing just a few minutes.
There are two ways of installing the extension:
• via the Web-Setup-Assistant
• via Commando Line.
From version Magento 2.4.0 the installation is only possible via command line.
Installation via the Web-Set-Up-Assistant:
How to download the CleverReach® Email Marketing Extension for Magento 2:
1. Go to the Magento marketplace page and log into your account or click on one of the „Connect Magento with CleverReach®“ buttons on this page.
2. Search for the CleverReach® extension. The fastest way is to simply use the „search bar“ on the marketplace page.
3. Click on “Add to Cart” on the marketplace page.
4. After that, click on the top right cart icon, select your Magento version (Enterprise or Community) and click on “Go to Checkout“ and then “Place Order”.
Installing the CleverReach® Extension for Magento 2:
1. Now it’s time for the installation. Log into your Magento Admin Panel, i.e. the backend of your shop.
2. Select the „Web Setup Wizard“ in the left tool bar and start the „Component Manager“. Connect the „Component Manager“ with your marketplace.
3. You can find the CleverReach® extension under „New Purchases“. Click on „Install“.
4. You can now see the CleverReach® Plugin in the left tool bar.
5. Connect your Magento shop with your CleverReach® account with just one click. All your shop data are automatically connected with our newsletter tool.
H3: Installation via Commando Line
To do the installation via Commando Line, follow the steps in the Magento Extensions Guide.
Let’s get started: It’s time to create and send your first newsletter with CleverReach®!
Magento is the number one selling platform: the open source eCommerce platform Magento is the most popular online shop system worldwide. Magento is suitable for every shop size; you can also easily manage several shops with different target groups, regions or product ranges with the multi-shop solution. The numerous functionalities include an inventory management system, an extensive CMS (content management system) for creating additional product pages, and tools for tracking and evaluating user data. Thanks to its modular architecture, Magento can be expanded indefinitely; the worldwide community is constantly providing new impetus.