Data security for your newsletter forms
- SSL is short for “Secure Sockets Layer”, a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client. Today, it’s actually called “Transport Layer Security” (TLS), however, the old short form is still commonly used.
There are several situations when sensitive customer data is transmitted on the internet, e.g.:
- Log in,
- online purchases
- subscription via form
SSL encryption protects your customers’ data from unauthorized people eavesdropping during the data transmission.
1. Enable SSL for your forms
- Protect your subscribers from unwanted access when transmitting their data. Simply enable SSL in your CleverReach® signup forms.
Select the correct form, go to “Source code/ distribution” and either click
- or unsubscribe
- and then click “enable SSL”
2. Protect customer data from unwanted access
- Especially when transmitting sensitive data, a secure connection to the server is crucial to prevent phishing and hacking.
- When transmitting your subscribers’ personal data and address details you should enable SSL encryption
3. Do I need an SSL certificate?
- You don’t need your own SSL certificate to protect your subscribers’ data during the transmission. Provided you don’t use your own domain, CleverReach® takes care of a secure data transmission.
- All you have to do is to enable the SSL encryption – with just one click!
4. How to recognize SSL connections
These things indicate if data is transmitted securely and encrypted:
- The address in your browser starts with “https//”
- Browsers usually display a padlock icon.
- Some browsers also color their status bar green.
SSL encryption: try it for free with CleverReach®!
- up to 2,500 recipients
- and send up to 10,000 emails per month for free!
Our Lite Plan has no limited running-term. There is no setup fee and no contractual obligations.
If you need to send more mailings you can choose between our prepaid plan and our flat rate. Our price plan calculator will tell you which plan is the best for you!