Reporting & Tracking
Measure the success of your email campaigns
- Open rates:
Open rates divide themselves up in two parts – single rates show how many recipients have opened your mailings, collective rates also take multiple openings into account. The open rate itself is calculated from the single rates in relation to the total amount of sent emails.
- Click rates:
Every click counts. Single clicks show how many recipients have clicked, collective clicks show multiple clicks. Only external links are considered, not links to internal sites (e.g. unsubscribe links, forms). These user actions enable you to evaluate the quality of your performance regarding subject line and content. High open rates suggest you have chosen a good subject line, high click rates indicate well created content. Our five-star rating shows you exactly how good your newsletter is.
Every newsletter has an embedded unsubscribe link where your recipients can easily unsubscribe at any time. The unsubscribe rate is shown separately in your report.
Bounces are emails that can’t be delivered temporarily (soft bounce) or not at all (hard bounce). Soft bounces can occur because of a full inbox; a hard bounce means the email address might not exist anymore or the server is blocking your email. Find more about bounces on our support pages.
- Geo- and email client analysis:
This evaluation gives you an overview of all used devices (phone, tablets, …) and the distribution of openings worldwide.
1. Conversion tracking
Clicks can be assigned precisely to a specific user by transforming every hyperlink in your mailing into a tracking link. Once a user clicks on one of your links they will be forwarded by passing the CleverReach® servers and therefore get tracked. Precise figures – for example of revenues – show you the success of your mailings and let you create a precise analysis for your campaigns:
- If you have one or more domains listed in your account, you can choose the one that should be used for the tracking links.
- The measuring is carried out by a cookie that is set by the recipient when clicking on a link. Your reports show you for example when a customer places an order in your shop within 14 days.
- Set up the tracking script in your CleverReach account: [Account]>[Extras]>[Conversion Tracking].
Tip: Don’t forget to insert http://, as otherwise, links can’t be forwarded.
2. Google Analytics Integration
The user behavior on your website can easily be tracked with the help of the Google Analytics integration, which goes beyond the regular click tracking. By using Google Analytics, you can draw conclusions between the opening of an email and the buying behavior. For this purpose, certain parameters for Google Analytics are attached to the links in your mailings.
Get to know more about your subscribers’ behavior than just open and click rates:
- Did my recipient buy something after opening my email – even if they didn’t click?
- Do my contacts use my website and app – even if they don’t click?
- Are there users who open my mailings but who don’t visit my website?
The IntelliAd Performance Marketing Platform is a software that helps you gather marketing activities throughout all channels. This doesn’t only include online channels such as affiliate, display- and social media ads, but also offline touchpoints like TV and POS-campaigns. With CleverReach® you can add the important field of “newsletters” to your IntelliAd tracking.
How to create a newsletter channel on IntelliAd:
- Click on “Add Channel or API-account” in the channels section and choose CleverReach® in the newsletter section.
- After receiving the confirmation, copy the tracking ID string to clipboard and then to your CleverReach® account: [Account] > [Extras] > [Integration] > [IntelliAd] > [New Connection].
- Now every click in a newsletter is recorded and collected in the IntelliAd-Tracking, along with the KPIs of other marketing channels.
4. Connect link extension
- Integrate ecommerce systems like Veyton, Magento, Oxid or Shopware into your conversion tracking with the help of or connect link extension. Is a purchase completed in your online shop? You’ll see that later on in your report.
- Conversion is measured directly by the plugin with the connect link extension through parameters like mailing ID, user ID, link ID.
- The connect link extension is activated by setting a tick in the tracking options. Please note, that Google Analytics is unavailable when activating our connect link extension.
5. Tip: measure your success with reporting and tracking options
- up to 2,500 recipients
- and send up to 10,000 emails per month for free!
Our free price plan has no limited running-term. There is no setup fee and no contractual obligations.
If you need to send more mailings you can choose between our prepaid plan and our flat rate. Our price plan calculator will tell you which plan is the best for you!