Newsletter Import: CSV-, XLS- and other files
quick and simple import of subscriber data
Our import feature for different file types like CSV, XLS, XLSX and TXT simplifies your subscriber management. An always up-to-date list of recipient data is the basis of successful email marketing. There are various options for you to add recipients to a list:
- Manual input of all address data
- Subscription via Double-Opt-in signup form
- Import of an existing list of recipients
- With the help of our import feature, you can easily add new recipients to existing lists
- CleverReach® supports all common file formats – CSV, XLS, XLSX, TXT – to make sure you can start sending your newsletters within a few minutes
1. Select list
- Select the list you want to add contacts to or create a new list of recipients in your account.
2. Add data
- Go to “Add data” and select “Import” within the list.
- Choose between uploading a file, the “copy and paste” function, or loading URL/FTP.
3. Link data
Now you can match the data of your import file to the existing data fields in CleverReach®:
- See the fields of your list of recipients next to the columns of your import file; on the left you’ll find the fields from the CleverReach® database, on the right the ones of the import file.
- The selection of the data fields is made via a drop-down menu
- If you can’t see the data field allocation, your import file presumably only contains email addresses. In this case, this step is skipped.
- The field “email address” is obligatory, all other fields are optional
- If there are no fields shown on the left, you’ll have to create them first.
- If your import file doesn’t contain data for one of the fields, just put in an alternative value that will be added for every recipient.
4. Import options
The import feature offers you the following options:
- Add data: New data is added, already existing data is not changed.
- Update & add: New data is added; existing data is updated. Inactive recipients remain inactive, but duplicates are synchronized. An existing data set is updated with the first found data set, further duplicates are ignored.
- Disable: Data sets are disabled; not existing ones are imported as inactive recipients.
- Replace: PLEASE NOTE if you choose this option, all data sets will be deleted completely and then added again to the new list. All information will be lost (clicks / opens / unsubscribes).
- Delete: All data fields from the import file are deleted from the list of recipients. Please note, that all information will be lost: opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc.
Note: Before importing data to our system, please familiarize yourself with our anti-spam regulations.
Recipient lists are “living” documents: you constantly have to update and take care of them. For every campaign you can, depending on the topic, extend or mix your lists up a little.
This is extremely simple with CleverReach®: We want your newsletter delivery to be as easy and uncomplicated as possible, that’s why we offer a quick import of your address data:
- Intuitive user guidance
- Allocation of data fields via drop-down
- Duplicates comparison
- Incorrect data fields are filtered automatically during the import
Tips & Tricks
- The options „replace“, „delete“ and „disable“ are not available if:
- Your list is protected. Disable the protection under „Settings“> „General Settings“.
- You have sent an email to this list within the past three days.
- Umlauts and special characters are sometimes not imported correctly which is usually due to a coding issue. Data should be imported in UTF-8 coding.
- As long as you don’t disable this feature, a back-up file will be created when you delete a list.
Import further data here: “registration information” and “order information”:
- “Registration information”: Import your own date specifications and activation dates. If you don’t enter data here (recommended), the current date will be imported.
- Please note: If you import your own date specifications, the registration date as well as the activation date have to be entered, as your recipient will be marked as inactive otherwise.
Import subscriber data - simple and fast!
- up to 2,500 recipients
- and send up to 10,000 emails per month for free!
Our Lite Plan has no limited running-term. There is no setup fee and no contractual obligations.
For more emails and features, choose between our Flex, Essential or Enterprise plans. Our price plan calculator will tell you which plan is the best for you!