RSS feeds and dynamic content
Create successful email marketing campaigns by adding dynamic elements
What are RSS feeds?
You might know the highlighted logo in the screenshot above – it’s for the RSS feed. If a website has embedded this button, you can subscribe to the provider’s content with a click on this icon.
In this way, as a website operator, you can keep your subscribers posted about what’s going on in your business. RSS feeds make sense for all content that is regularly updated. New posts will then be shown in the browser, email program or special feedreader – this works like a news ticker. An RSS feed can also be embedded in static websites. In this way, you can add the latest content like news, tweets or exclusive offers to your homepage. Simply use RSS content for your newsletter marketing with CleverReach®! Fill your newsletter with valuable content with the help of our dynamic elements. This is how you can inform your subscribers regularly about your latest news, offers and events.
RSS is a format (based on XML) for delivering regularly changing web content.
Originally, RSS is short for RDF (Resource Description Framework) Site Summary, meanwhile another definition has become popular: “Really Simple Syndication”.
2. Send the latest news with RSS
Easily integrate RSS and other dynamic elements to your mailings with our intuitive drag and drop editor.
- Select “dynamic elements” in the sidebar on the right
- Mark the respective source, in this case RSS
- Drag the element to the right position in your mailing
- Enter the RSS URL
- Click on “Retrieve content”
- Select the required post
- Confirm with “OK”.
Choose the correct template for your newsletter:
- Do you want to advertise products and offers from your online shop?
- Or do you want to embed the latest post from your blog?
We have the right templates for you! Do you want to create your own template for dynamic content? No problem!
Decide, whether your newsletter:
- contains RSS content only
- should be a mix of manually created text and single RSS elements.
3. Embed dynamic content
The data from your homepage is directly transferred to your mailing. As the RSS feeds are retrieved automatically, it’s essential that this data always has the same structure to be displayed consistently in your newsletters.
This is how RSS content is integrated into your newsletter:
- The content of your website is retrieved.
- Afterwards, the content is transformed into a structured format (XML file).
- This transformation controls how the retrieved information of the RSS feed is displayed in your newsletter.
- RSS content is retrieved once directly before the delivery of your mailing, so all recipients get the same content.
4. Drag and drop, HTML, and source code editor
CleverReach® offers you three editors to work on your newsletters:
- Drag and drop editor
- HTML editor
- Source code editor
Most customers use our drag and drop editor to create their mailings. Alternatively, you can also use the free HTML-editor, which is used for the finetuning of your newsletters, or the free source code editor that allows you to create your newsletter by means of the source code.
To change to our free HTML- or source code editor, click on [Content]>[Template] while editing your newsletter – that’s where you can choose between our three editors.
Please note: We’re happy to give you the chance to work directly with the source code. For our HTML- and source code editor, however, the user must have the relevant know-how. In that respect, we can’t offer further support.
5. Why our editor is uncomplicated and easy to use
The CleverReach® editor can be used intuitively. You don’t need any training or programming skills to create a professional newsletter:
- No downloading or set up of software
- Start working with our tool immediately
- Free newsletter editor
- Send mailings without contractual obligations
- You only need a functioning internet connection to create and send your mailing
- You don’t need local storage for your newsletter archive, as they’ll all be stored directly in your CleverReach® account
- Maximum flexibility: change your newsletter at any time – insert images or move content until you are happy with the result
Find more information on our support pages.
Embed RSS feeds and dynamic content with CleverReach®
- up to 2,500 recipients
- and send up to 10,000 emails per month for free!
Our free price plan has no limited running-term. There is no setup fee and no contractual obligations.
If you need to send more mailings you can choose between our prepaid plan and our flat rate. Our price plan calculator will tell you which plan is the best for you!