Autoresponder & follow-ups
Send automated emails with our autoresponder and follow-ups
Autoresponder and follow-up emails are the easiest form of email marketing automation.
- Autoresponder: Autoresponders are automatically sent emails that are triggered by your recipient’s behavior. The so-called trigger can for example be a purchase in your online shop or subscription to your newsletter.
- Follow-Ups: When autoresponders are part of a complex mailing campaign, you call them follow-ups. Follow-ups consist of a set sequence of emails, e.g. a confirmation order is followed by a shipping notice and after some time a satisfaction survey.
Tip: Create single-track or multi-level workflows with THEA, the CleverReach® Automation Center.
1. Create list
a) If not yet done: Click on “lists” and create a list for the recipients of your autoresponder (as you have to select this list in step 2).
b) Now click on “Autoresponder & regular emails”.
2. Select list of subscribers
- Please select the list of recipients you have created in step 1.
3. Set delivery dates
- Select a date when you want to send your first automated email.
- In our fictitious example, we have chosen a regular autoresponder that is sent on weekdays at 8:45am.
4. Campaign settings
- Click on “next” and you’ll see the same settings page as for the creation of newsletters. The only difference is the additional option “campaign folder”.
- Add a new campaign by clicking on the plus sign. All parts of your autoresponder campaign are saved in this campaign folder.
5. Adjust and release mailing
- Now you are all set to create and release your mailing. This is similar to creating a regular newsletter, but additionally you can control the delivery date. After that you can complete this part of the campaign by clicking on “Activate autoresponder”.
- All other parts of the campaign are equally created, with the slight difference that the delivery date is set to a later point in time, e.g. seven days after a subscription.
- Find your autoresponder campaigns under the respective menu item.
Automated emails or campaigns are suited for:
- Welcome mailings: Welcome new customers
- Birthday mailings
- Confirmation emails: sent to confirm an order
- Purchase recommendations: based on your customers’ last purchase, product search or abandoned cart
- Re-engagement emails: win back inactive customers with discounts
- Surveys: Ask for feedback after a purchase or interaction with your customer. By that, you’ll increase the engagement on the one hand, and on the other hand get important hints of what you could do to improve customer satisfaction.
- Regular news: e.g. free tips or online seminars: provide your customers with a sequence of e-papers.
For all these examples, it’s useful to communicate or create automated campaigns, so that your recipients perform certain triggers that start a mailing/interaction.
Tip: Steadily optimize the interaction with your customer – automated and adjustable at any time!
Autoresponder and follow-ups simplify your business for you and your customers!
- Only start initial mailings in order to react to inquires or other processes
- Email sequences can be planned and the contact to your customers maintained
- Save time with automated responses to different inquiries
- Automate your standard purchase procedure
- Increase your customer loyalty
Your customers’ advantages:
- Fast responses to their inquiries
- Full supply with relevant content
- Personalized mailings after starting triggers
Tip: Your recipients will notice if you send the same birthday mailing every year – so, vary and personalize your content!
Get started for free with CleverReach®!
- up to 250 recipients
- and send up to 1,000 mails emails per month for free!
Our free price plan has no limited running-term. There is no setup fee and no contractual obligations.
If you need to send more mailings you can choose between our prepaid plan and our flat rate. Our price plan calculator will tell you which plan is the best for you!